WILLIAMSBURG COUNTY, SC (3,680 acres)
Little Hobcaw Plantation is a Low Country property consisting of 3,680 acres. It is dedicated primarily to quail hunting with a secondary focus on timber and agricultural production. The property has a diverse assemblage of lands with many physical improvements. Improvements include several homes, barns, kennels, equipment, horses, and a large collection of personal property. The multi-parcel tract includes:
- Main House: 6BR, 6.5BA, originally built in the early 1940s. The house was remodeled and expanded in the 1970s, and again updated in 2014. The house is fully furnished and equipped.
- Other Improvements: Two guest houses, three additional homes, horse barns, dog kennels, equipment shelters, and shop facilities, game processing facility, grain bins, and hay barns.
- Equipment: Everything needed to maintain, operate, and enjoy the plantation, including various tractors, implements, bulldozers, and vehicles.
- Water: 50+ Acres of open water in 12 Ponds. Also, Cedar Swamp and Paisley Swamp flow through and join on the property to form Black Mingo Creek.
- Agriculture: Approximately 550 acres of farmland with approximately 326 acres currently in production. The balance of farmland and additional open land is currently managed as a quail habitat.
- Timber: 2,500 acres of predominately mature natural pine and 600 acres of mature hardwoods. All managed to promote wildlife with an emphasis on wild quail populations.
Location: Located just 8 miles East of Kingstree, 35 miles Northwest of Georgetown, 75 miles North of Charleston, and 90 miles East of Columbia.
- Country: United States
- Property ID 4746
- Price $2,975/acre - $10,950,000
- Pine Land 2,500
- Hardwood Land 600
- Agriculture 550
- Other Land 21
- Acres 3680
- Price Per Acre $2,975